Whether you are a new Christian, coming back to Christ, or simply new to SGT, it is important that you cultivate the life of a disciple. How do you do that? This bookmark will outline some of the ways you can pursue spiritual growth and maturity here at Smithtown Gospel Tabernacle.
First things first: the basics.
- We encourage you to attend services regularly, allow yourself to engage in the worship time, and open your heart to the preached Word of God!
- During the week, cultivate a daily time of Bible study and prayer.
- Be baptized in water. This is a commandment from the Lord and is an outward expression of the saving work that has taken place in the new believer. Call the church office right away to sign up for the next baptismal class!
We know that our church may seem big—at first! That’s why it is a great idea for you to visit our Welcome Center. You are also invited to join us at the New Friends Connection, which meets every Sunday Morning during the 10:15 service in Room 201 (just ask any usher). This time provides an extended opportunity to ask questions and learn about our church.
At SGT, we are committed to helping you grow in your walk with God. To that end, we offer so many opportunities for you to get involved and grow:
- Our RENOVATION OF THE HEART class meets on Wednesday nights at 7:30 during our Life Development Semester.
- Questions about SGT? Attend CATCH THE VISION, which will also prepare you for a discipleship program we call The Journey.
- Feeling timid about your faith? Check out GOOD NEWS: KNOW WHAT & WHY YOU BELIEVE. This class will help you build a firm foundation for your life in Christ. It meets during the Life Development Semester.
- Participate in a yearlong program called THE ESSENTIALS OF DISCIPLESHIP, which provides a more in-depth look at growing in Christ.
Please call the church office for more information about any of these programs.